During this time is very important to have all the surfaces in our houses clean and specially the kitchen. However, most of us have doubts about how to clean our quartz countertops. Here you will find some tips on how to keep your countertops clean:
For light stains:
- You can dip a soft cloth rag of dish soap and warm water. Once wet take it and start to clean it in a circular motion.
- It’s alright to use a light degreasing cleaner, but you need to be sure that it works with #quartz and doesn’t have bleach, because it could be dangerous for your countertops. First, spray it on your countertops, and then rinse immediately with a wet rag.
- A simple way to clean your countertops is using disinfectant bleach-free wipes.
For difficult stains for instance, drawing ink, permanent market or dye, you can use rubbing alcohol (percentage). First, wet the soft cloth rag with alcohol, second rub the stain, and finally clean the countertops with warm water.
For a deep clean of your countertops, you can use a glass cleaner, but do not use it frequently. Make sure that it is recommended for quartz countertops, if not it will damage your quartz. Once you have the glass cleaner, spray it on your counter. Allow it to sit for a few minutes. Then, wipe it clean with a wet rag.
Here we have some last tips:
- Wipe-up immediately when you spill something in your countertops, you can use a wet drag.
- Use a cutting board, wooden hot pad or metal grid to avoid permanent stains. Quartz can resist temperatures up to 300°F. Beware, quartz can be damaged by quick changes in temperature, known as “thermal shock”.